Wednesday, October 04, 2006

And today's Day of The Day is.... Wednesday!

I read a couple of the Original Few blog posts here at the Inadvertent Blog and have come to a Conclusion.

This blog has Gone to Pot.

We don't even do Emphatic Capitalisations anymore! There is, in fact, false advertising in the title box thingy! False Advertising, even. Caps and all!

I hereby resolve to do my best to solve this problem. The whineyness (whininess? whining?) must end!

To this end, the autobiographical and complaint-based content of the blog is hopefully to be strictly reduced, with a view to a complete phasing out by Christmas. Tangents are to be reinstated and with Luck, the strange non-sequiturs we know and love will return forthwith.

In related news: Christmas! We face, as always, an important question: how early is Too Early to Get Excited about Christmas? (Hmmm... something about typing a question like that after a paragraph of waffle makes me feel like Carrie from Sex In The City, a bit. "blather blather blather... When it comes to Sex, how early is too early?" and then you devote the rest of the episode to answering it. But let's not, just this once)

Actually, that tangent was almost not a tangent at all, really. I'd just mentioned Christmas, then I said there'd be non sequiturs which I followed (sequor-ed) with a non sequitur about Christmas. Which makes it not a non sequitur, sort of. Mmmm.... deliciosly paradoxy.

Now there's a good-quality word: Paradoxy.

Paradoxy: [1] (adj.) like unto a paradox.
[2] (preposition) beside/aligned with a lady of easy virtue. "He lay there, paradoxy, as she explained the fee structure to him."

Although I don't know if they lie next to you while the explain to fees. I imagine they'd sit or stand. It'd be awfully disempowering to try to explain to people that they owe you money while supine. At least from lying prone you can leap up, especially if you're a surfer. That's harder than it looks, mind you. Especially if you have to be careful not to tip the board over, because those things are terribly unstable. And here, I suppose, the hypothetical lady would be at an advantage; beds are not only springy, they're also, by and large, not surfboards, which is almost always a good thing, I think.

Back to Christmas, however. On the very first day of September, Spring Day One, I was in a David Jones and they were putting (that word always looks wrong) up decorations already. That, one can't help but feel, displays such an over-abundance of Christmas spirit that one must suspect an ulterior motive of some kind. Mind you, they had a really nice wreath, and if it weren't for the fact that I felt that it would be wrong to encourage them in this blatant folly, I'd have bought it. If I had money now, maybe I could go and get it now? Or is it still Too Early?

See, there are the proponents of the "no getting excited until December" view, the slightly more mellow are ok with it as of the 25th of November, but I really think that any time after the mid-semester break is pretty much Open Season ('s greetings. hehe)

Shall we have a Christmas party? I think that'd be Pretty Neat. Hmmm... I shall open negotiations forthwith. Huzzah!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

You should PLN to have a Christmas party! Only... I'm away at Christmas... :(

Minerva said...

hmmm... i think it may be a tad early to get excited at this time of year. It is only *looks at calendar* 5th of October, there's still 80 days til Christmas. Hmmm maybe it means I should stock up on Christmas pudding ingredients if they're on special, hmmm...

So should I have dried dates in the pudding this year? Every year it's something a bit different.
1st: dried pineapple
2nd: dried mango
3rd: dried figs
4th: TBA

Catie said...

dates sound like a good idea. more christmassy than pineapple even.

hehe, that was a very sex and the city sounding question. and hurrah for emphatic capitalization!