Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hey, it's only two weeks 'til August!

Man, I never seem to post anymore. Also, my sentences increasingly seem to begin "Man!" which is odd. Plus, many of them seem to start with the formula "word comma rest of sentence", I'm just noticing.

Hmmm.... Or Possibly: "Man, hmmm....." so as not to be inconsistent.

Anyway, (dammit, that one was an accident) heaps of stuff has happened, so instead of getting bogged down describing it all in any valid way, I'm going to leap precipitously to my latest thought, which is this: I will shortly be 21. Gosh. Golly-gee even. The actual age is meaningless, I'm not so old that I'm yet worried about being old, but I really have to get organised or no-one will be able to come.

As such, I should like you to all pencil in the evening of the 26th of August to come to Penrith for my party, more details when I think of them.

So this leads me to my next thought: shall I have a themed party? I often seem to, but they really are such jolly good fun. It'll probably be a bit chilly for cocktail dress, and my varied acquaintance would probably object if I went ahead with the "formal dress: tuxeudos, floor length dresses and elbow-length gloves" idea that I've been wistfully entertaining.

Some suggest a pirate party, but I hd one of those for my 18th, and I don't want people to think I have some kind of unhealthy fixation with pirates. (Mmmm... pirates.... Ahem.) Or 20s and 30s, but that's been done. Maybe even a 1940's party or something, and we could all come as people celebrating the defeat of those demmed Jerries or some such. Or... what?

So I appeal to you all for sugestions. I probably need some kind of theme, otherwise Bec'n'Sam will probably impose their own theme idea anyway, thus making the people they don't know/forgot to notify feel all left out. So yes, suggest! you have a week in which to submit any and all ideas, because Ireally need to get organised and write out invitations.

Help me!

4 comments:

Minerva said...

Has been done:
- 40s/30s
- toga
- cocktail
- pirate

Done to death:
- 20s

Ang said...

not to death! We have costumes for it and everything!

How about: "subcultures" so people could come dressed as a goth or as an emo or as a cheerleader or anything? Hmmm...

Or come dressed aas something beginning with an A?

Minerva said...

So I can dress up as an.... apple? Or... abacus?? Or an...alien!! Or an... Alsatian??
Subcultures and minorities sound like fun, I can dress as a vamp, or some kinda bondage chick ;)
Yea, yea subcultures!!

Alicia said...

Yay! Angi is almost 21!