Tuesday, July 25, 2006

New House! And consequent housewarming!

We just moved house this weekend, which is pretty nifty, so all of you various friend-types are invited to a Housewarming Party the Friday after next, the 4th of August in the evening, starting at say 7.00 pm. (But starting times may change, so re-check here before you come).

It's at Maroubra, which is cool, ask me or Catie or Sylvia offline for the address details (this is my one concession to security-conscious behaviour, otherwise all those spammers might actually turn up on our doorstep and try to sell us Penis-enlargment or something).

More or less BYO, which tends to be the way with our parties, and any contributions to soft drink and nibbles fund would be greatly appreciated, since moving is suprisingly expensive.

So, to recap:

When:
7 pm, Friday, 4/8/06

Where:
Maroubra the new Lilyfield

Who:
You, if I know you, rather than you just stumbling on this blog, or even then, I suppose, if you're nice and like my blog.

Transport:
There's heaps of parking, and also the 377 and a couple of other buses go right to our door. Also we're a short walk from the beach, so any beach service plus a 300 m walk would do.
We haven't got a huge amount of space, so not everyone can stay over, but we still have a few couches, and if you like we can definitely give you a nice patch of carpet if you bring a sleeping bag.

What to bring:
Anything you'd like to drink out of the ordinary (we have a small amount of damn near everything, but not a huge amount of anything much except soft drinks.
Also if the urge to buy us housewarming presents strikes you, don't fight it too hard. But not, y'know, a large dog or anything. Or a live octopus. We'll take anything else within reason though. Especially any spare inner-springed Queen-sized mattresses you might have lying around.
Sleeping bag if you'd like to stay over.
Your charming self.

Hope you can come, RuSerVuP as soon as you know so we can buy the right amounts of chips and such!

EDIT: Yay for everyone in the world! A patient just gave me a present or chocolates in a cool little case becasue she's really great and is generally happy to have a new small person in her life. Also, yesterday, Tim, who is the best boyfriend in the whole wide world and who, quite honestly, surpasses anything by way of imaginatry boyfriends that I could come up with too, yesterday gave me a really nice engraved bracelet out of the blue! Everyone is so nice and lovely.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Grr! I have a 21st on in Ryde that night... But enjoy!

Vivian said...

=( And I have youth group on Friday nights as per usual...

But yay for surprise presents!

Catie said...

Well I'll be there! Hehe
yay for niceness! which is always nice :)

Ang said...

Wait... maybe... what does everyone feel aBout having it on Saturday instead? Obviously I haven't run this past Cat and Sylvia yet, so don't assume it will be, but it seems that no-one can much do Friday. Hmmm...

Alicia said...

Hah... Well... I have 2 21sts on Saturday night... (and Trees has one too...)

And I'm going to dress as the fruit loops character!! (shh... Trees doesn't remember what animal it is...)

Ang said...

I do! Anyone else, Satuyrday-hood for the party is confirmed. Come then!

Minerva said...

My apologies, I can't come on Saturday, Maroubra is incredibly hard for me to get to and even worse for me to get back (time, transport). So have fun and be merry!