Friday, September 09, 2005

Half assessments done! *dances foxtrot* How exactly does one foxtrot?

Of my 7 write-it-out-and-hand-it-in assessments this semester, I have now done 4. If I succeed in handing in the one due on Monday, which I certainly intend to do, then I shall have done 5 of those 7. Jeah. I'm so on the ball. 'Course, I haven't done any readings this semester, but, heck, what d'you want for nothing?

Am, in fact, deeply brilliant.

Also, yesterday, I went to HMV and bought a CD that I've been after all year, with a CD voucher, which means that the cost was, to me, effectively nil. (I say "effctively" because actually it was $3, which is effectively nil for a CD, I think. I had $70 of CD voucherness, one $50 one and one $20 one, and since the CD was $22.95, it seemed more sensible not to break the big one.) It's not a very long CD, only 10 songs, half an hour, but at least 2 of those songs are completely classic, so it's all good. Even if you look on all but 2 of the songs as being valueless (which I don't), that still meant that total cost for each of the awesome songs was something less than $1.50, when I would've bought the whole CD at $30 for one of them, so that's a definite profit.

Also, I bought two tops, similarly cheaply, one of them black with sparkliness on it, and the other one of those long ones with lace along the bottom that one wears under other tops (in this case, today, the black one) Which is lovelily toasty-warm.

Also, just as I was coming to the conclusion this morning that it was definitely possible to finish my assignment on time and hand it in in a leisurely manner, there was a knock on the door and I got a parcel! Yay! It was a birthday present from Jasmine Wong in Armidale, (double yay!) of a necklace and a cool hat and writing paper-stuff. Next to "declaration of dangerous goods: I the undersigned do swear that this parcel contains no dangeous material as defined by Section something, Article something, comma somethingslashsomething: materials which might die/smell/go bang/be terroristic subsection" She's written "This parcel contains things which may spontaneously combust." and signed it, so I consider it something of a blessing that it arrived at all, really. Obviously it would be anyway, but particularly what with her tempting fate in such a manner.

I would like to officially, thinking of official things, say here that I have no objection whatsoever to anyone other than spammers making any kind of comments whatsoever (except for maybe "you suck" not meant lightheartedly and in a friendly spirit, I suppose) on this blog. I say this because the other day I was upset and grumpy (I can't remember what about, particularly, possibly the workload in the upcoming week?) and I complained to my mother that sometimes I write long and boring and self-importantly kind-of-philosophical navel-gazing posts, and it bugs me when people say to me "that last blog post wasn't very amusing" (in person, you understand, no real problem with that posted as a comment, where it can be dealt with by me at my leisure), sometimes. Unfortunately my Dad happened in at that point, and my mother, in a well-meaning attempt to straighten this tiny issue out said to him, "she doesn't like it when you comment on her blog". And my Dad, whom I have always enjoyed the occassional comments of, and whom I encourage to comment was rather confused by this and sort of made those "what?... but... I... zuh.." sort of noises and looked hunted, as is appropriate in such a situation. The problem with this, of course, is that one then ends up with farcical misunderstanding and everyone becomes grumpy.

So I repeat: by all means comment. But if anyone feels that the quality is declining or similar, say it here, not at 11:30 when I've just finished work and have a drive down the M4, and limited sleep before an early start tomorrow ahead of me, and recall, peons one and all that whilst most of this is guff (read:everything on this entire blog, ever, is guff) I know that, that's why I set up the stupid thing, to pour guff into, just like everyone else. But it's my hole filled with guff, and I shall use cheap bulk-buy quality guff if I feel like it, so there.

Anyway, back to what I was saying before I completely derailled myself 3 paragraphs ago, the moral of this story is that I've had a very nice day, and I hope you all do too. Although I don't recommend tht Chinese brand of Lemon Ice Tea, it's a bit too tanin-y for my taste. I much prefer the Lipton variety.

Oh! That reminds me, must buy milk. Anyway, will see you all anon, possibly the next post will be a bitter polemicist diatribe against all of those of you who didn't come to my party. 4 out of 13 school friends is pretty harsh. (ah, now I remember what I was grumpy about before, that). Or perhaps it will be a paean to fairy floss. Who knows, really?

7 comments:

Catie said...

fairy floss! bring on the fairy floss! summery food for a summery day.
and yes, you should be doing your assignment.

Minerva said...

Foxtrot tis a very ye olde dance. Tis quite boring imho.

Concerning your bday party, I had assessments to do so *puhluhhh* but still I hope you had a good one.

Oh yes and you suck. Oh oh and... hmm... spam...

"Max Brenner: gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside"

Ang said...

Hey Dan, How's life?

Catie said...

well, everyone loves azaleas. possibly not THAT much, but hey, azaleas are azaleas.

yay for max brenner! bring on the chocolate-y goodness!

Dan said...

Damn it. How could my carefully calculated plan be SEEN THROUGH by someone! This does not bode well for me. Not bode well at all...

[Happy Existing Day!]

Ang said...

I'm afraid that I don't have more than about 3 pictures from your party, Kathryn, but I shall put them up shortly. Also, I don't think you're in any of them, because you were so busy mingling that you appear more as a fast-moving earring wearing blur in the background. I do have one of you speaking, but it's so dark that you have to know what it's a picture of to see it. But I'll give it a shot shortly.

Catie said...

we want pictures! bring on the party photos!