Saturday, November 05, 2005

I have to stop this... [edit]

If only because it's unfair to post so many times in 1 day. But this is the last for a little while, honest! Also, this question is an attempt to foil Catie's attempt to snatch the lead ridiculously early in game.

This post comprises 2 separate trivia questions, worth 1 star each.

(1) According to the song sung by Nat King Cole, who is it who says that a falling blossom only touches lips that lie?

(2) Name one Australian hardwood of dark colour, apart from Cedar.

(Gaah! this take home is soooo dull, and it's taking so long, and I have so much work to do. And because my essay has to be typed, I can't turn my computer off, so I keep wasting my time like this. Also, Catie's trying to edit her 7000 word essay here too, so the silence/music is punctured with cries of "I hate you! Die! Die!.... Not you, you understand. My essay." And similar. I cannot but concur with these sentiments.)

(edit:) Yay! finished 1st draft of take-home at last! And only 24 hours behind schedule! *kills self*

But here are some fun quotes from this evening. May they brighten your day and they have ours, and so on.

Catie :I kill you for leaving out the verb there.
Catie: I fear for my life.
Catie: *maniacal laughter out of nowhere* it doesn’t make any sense, it’s not fair!
Ang: I like Matchbox 20, they’re my friends.
Catie: The word “clean” looked really wrong just then. I was like “what? Kle-ahn?”.
Ang: You were stabbing me in the eye! There’s a different atmosphere there!

13 comments:

Catie said...

meh, i have no idea. about either. red cedar, red cedar! damn.

but red cedar is nice... i have a table made of dark wood, but i don't know what kind.

i'm sleepy, but i thought that posting would be a good idea anyway because... well... i have no idea

Catie said...

o.k., i'll try guessing randomly. that's bound to work, right? ;)

(1) A wise man

(2) Ironbark

I have no idea whether that's right or not, but hey, why not try?

Ang said...

nup and nup

Ang said...

Oh no, wait. Ironbark is right. (But I wanted "jarrah" *pouts*) Well, here's your star, then *hands over grudgingly*

Does ANYONE except us read this thing? C'mon people! It's Nat King Cole!

(my verification word is "pssof"! Heh.)

Minerva said...

No I read your blog, I just don't know the answers :P

Catie said...

well, at least no-one called us idiots for saying such stupid things :)

Ang said...

That's why I was suspecting it was just us, y'see.

Alicia said...

Personally I like the manical laughter...

Catie said...

study makes catie something something

Ang said...

Go Crazy?

Ang said...

you get a star for gypsies, but the other one is gone. A star for Katie!

Catie said...

don't mind if i do!

maybe the timing was a bit off there...

Ang said...

Just a little....