Sunday, November 13, 2005

Latin exam study = vital but dull

So here is a point form blog post with vital parts underlined, for ease of skim reading, in manner of exam notes:

*We went to Birkenhead Point for no reason and found an excellent Lolly shop which had all the great stuff from the terrigal lolly shop, thus greatly reducing our travel time next time we crave peach hearts.

*We did the washing up, and I broke/cut-my-hand-on a glass again. This time, though 'tis but a scratch. Last time it was a flesh wound.

*After which, Catie stabbed me lightly with a steak knife.

*I joined the much touted "board" (as it will henceforth be known) of John, Alicia's friend, and also known as the Gargoyles Guy. Also, my new avatar is a fishy. Yay Fishy!

*I have 2 exams tomorrow. You probably know this but far be it from me to fail to complain.

*I got all excited when I realised that if you take the "e" out of exams, you get "xmas" which seemed a good sign to me, until Catie pointed out it was a typo.

*Also, does my blog look weirdly formatted to you guys, or is it just my computer? How odd.

*Also we quested to the corner shop for Coke and WD40 for our dodgy lock, and also got a mango and a banana! Yay! And then we adventured past a fairy party and excitingly put WD40 in the lock (I was going to put "lubricated the lock" but despite being strictly accurate, I feel that would render us vulnerable to innuendo). All in all, it was a terribly exciting and adventurous half hour. (see, I told you exams were good for you) I liked the one where we were dentists.

*Trivia star question:How many books are there in the Hitchiker Trilogy? And what are their names?

10 comments:

Catie said...

> Catie stabbed me lightly with a steak knife.

but only a little... the glass was much more aggressive i swear!

yah, adventures very exciting, i liked the one where you got ice-cream in your hair! hehehehe

do your latin study!

Minerva said...

wow... harsh Cat, no stabbing people in real life. Only virtually is allowed.
*Runs and stabs Leach with a steak knife* *laughs evilly*

I have no idea, ummm... clam chowder??

Minerva said...

Oh yes I forgot to ask, I am seriously considering investing in a small blowtorch for glazing reasons a la creme brulee. Around how much would one be and do you think it's worth it?
After my Friday night dinner of a 4 course meal, I'm craving more creme brulee and I have all the ingredients at home, and I can use the grill for glazing purposes at the moment, but do you think investing in a blowtorch would be worth it?

In other news, I (very very very rarely, like once a year) jumped on the scales and weighed myself today. And 'pparently I lost around 10 kilos from the time I went to the doc's last year to the present. I don't feel like I've lost that much weight. But maybe it's been a gradual thing over the past year. :)

Ang said...

10 kg? That's a fairamount, gosh!

I don't know how much blowtorches are,mine was a present. They work only about as well as a grill for glazing, but they are a considerable amount more fun.

Plus they're so Zen,y'know? Perfect balace between a macho power/fire tool and something used to make creamy french deserts with delicate toffee glazes.

mmmm.... now I'm craving one too.

And no, not clam chowder.

Dan said...

(this is Katie)

Five.

The hitchikers guide to the galaxy
The restaurant at the end of the universe
Life, the universe and everything
So long and thanks for all the fish
Mostly harmless (Some think this is a separate addition)

This was a katie/dan effort

I typed!

Catie said...

how confusing. who gets the star there? half each?

Ang said...

Also, why has Dad's comment, which wasbefore them, disappeared? At present,am tempted to withhold all starage until the mysteries are unravelled. But then, that was pretty quick. Perhaps you all deserve a star? But Katie and Dan still only get one between them. Hmmmm....

Minerva said...

damn, you need to say you've edited otherwise I won't read the post again.

Ang said...

It's a tough life, innit?

(sorry)

Ang said...

Or I could give yo point 5 of a star each. Unless you want to form an official team together? If so, you'dbe more likely to get to the end first, since you'd have twice the chance of getting each star, but if you did, only half of whatever I decide on as the prize....

Hmmm....

Also, tell Dad to re-post his answer. Since I was actually talking to him when he got the answer, he gets a star too, but he does have to post something.Otherwise nepotism would just appear to be rife.