Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Last minute

Another day, another 11:30 realisation that I said I would write something this evening and forgotten, even though all I actually did with the evening was edit my essay (which I will totally print and hand in tomorrow, this I solemnly swear) and make Char Siu Pork for the first time. And that was using a pre-made marinade out of a jar, so hardly labour intensive.

I guess the problem is having nothing much of interest to say. You can only get good and outraged (which is of course the easiest way to write or talk fluently, which is why breakfast radio hosts always seem, after a few years, to get some sort of chat-fatigue and only complain any more. Also their job requires them to get up at 4am every day and presumably be in bed by like 8 eery night) so many times in a week before you start to sound like you take everything just a little too seriously. Plus, you run out of scandalous things to go "and another thing!" about before you know it. All you can do is either risk offending people, repeat yourself, or wait for something new to happen.

I promise to do better tomorrow, honest!

2 comments:

cardboardsword said...

If you could get outraged about the banality of life, and then get outraged about the banality of banal outrages, and so on and so forth, you'd be set!

Ang said...

That still only sets me up for like a week, tops!