Thursday, April 07, 2005

Tragedy

Tragedy, ladies and gentlemen, has struck repeatedly this evening. First of all, my watch, which was new this January, has apparently broken, so I have to take it in to be fixed tomorrow. On top of this, my Sunglasses, which I bought the same day, and which I maintain deserve the capitalisation (my pink 70s aviators!) have had a lense pop out. To console myself, and bestir myself from grief, and with the added benefit of allowing me to tell time until tomorrow, I decided to wear my special formal watch-necklace which was given to my when I graduated. When I picked it up, however, the back of it fell off! So now I have to get all three fixed tomorrow, and I won't know what time it is until, probably, Tuesday! Aaargh!

Also, am v. upset re. breakages in their own right. Am excessively attached to that graduation watch thingy. (excessively attached in Wildean sense, not sense of worrying obsession)

In the latter sense however, I am currently enamoured of fanfic, as you will have gathered. Finally finished "Underwater light" today (link in earlier post). Was wonderful, was charming, was great, was addictive, lent itself to increased MalfoyObsession (Draconism). Was also incredibly frustrating ending. May have to jump off something high onto something spiky.

Consoled myself with Cassandra Claire's "Something Impossible" which is quite short, and excellent. Highly recommend it. Even if you don’t like slash, everyone loves Cassandra Claire. She’s still the prettiest, but still not king, and Sam will kill her if she tries anything. http://www.astronomytower.org/authors/cassie/SI.html


Furthermore, have horrible, horrid, even ( just watched a movie full of English people, including David Niven, made in the late 30s, am thus inclining towards saying things like "horrid" rather than "horrible", in manner of 19th century governess or girl in Boys Own story)...where was I? Oh yes, nasty Biology report to finish (read: start) before can sleep.

Those whom the gods wish to destroy, it seems, they first make Angela Pardey.

Sympathy is demanded and appreciated. Offers to fix watches and write report will be rewarded with eternal devotion, provided that they are both seriously meant and received in the next 10 minutes, before I have to start work.
Otherwise, should I detect a tone of mockery in these offers, I shall wreak a Great and Terrible Vengeance.

No comments: