Monday, April 11, 2005

Wierd running into people day

In addition to running into Meg Cooke today, I also saw a girl from our school, who was a few years below us, ans also name Angela. She greeted me unexpectedly, and follwed the "hi Angela!" With a "you do remember me, don't you?" Is anything in the world more damaging to the memory th an that sentence? I think not. I know we did something together once. I think perhaps the Religious and Ethical Questions thing in year 11? (yes, I know, the irony: Ang on a religious and ethical questions team- we came third, you know) Not sure, however.

Does it count as running into Tim randomly if we went specifically to see him? Perhaps not.

Also, on Sunday, saw heaps of people that I haven't seen in ages.

And then today we were (Bec, cat, Sam and I) all learning to rock and roll dance, having just mastered the charleston (we're so hip. If we ever get transported back in time, we'll totally be able to dance there). And we had to pair off randomly, and Bec's partner, who looked vagely familiar, said "I'm Jeremy" and before I even realised that I recognized him I'd said
"Jeremy Smith!" and he says "yes?" (subtext: who are you? you scare me!)

Angela: "you're Kathryn's little brother, yes?" (subtext: but I swear I was taller last time we met... wierd)

Jeremy: "Yes. Who are you?" (read: who the friggin hell are you? you still scare me)

Angela: "I'm Angela" (for subtext, see actual text here)

Jeremy: *looks confused for a moment* "Oh, Ang. I've heard of you."

Angela: *feels vaguely apprehensive*

This is pretty much the gist of that conversation. But was v. wierd, he has so may Kathryn mannerisms. And also is about twice as tall as he was last I saw him.

Also, he ruffled Sam's fro. But so does everyone.

Thus ends my spate of running into to people randomly. I assume....

4 comments:

Catie said...

oh, the randomness of life. now to crash jeremy's party... hehehehe ;p

Ang said...

Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten about that... hmmm....

Sean's Beard said...

Hello Ang,

You seem to forget that although yes, everybody ruffles my fro, people also tend to ask permission first, and don't subsequently refer to me as the 'fairy boy'...

I'm still not sure where he got that from, perhaps he was just jealous of my obviously far superior booty-shaking skills.

Ang said...

yes. I complained about that in today's post. Little twerp. (not you, him)