Thursday, May 05, 2005

5th of the 5th of the 5th

Today is 05/05/05.

This sort of day, with such a... (repetitive? Poetic? Rhythmic? Iambic? Iambic no longer means where I was originally going with that, but is a great word, so shall use it) such an iambic date comes around once a year, in only the first twelve years of each century. That's once every 438000 days. Worked this out in Latin.

Feel like celebrating such a momentous day, but must write Biology report for tomorrow, and huge horrible history essay for Monday. Hatehatehate. Although not with the passion I reserve for those Big Brother ads. Is bad enough that idiots everywhere watch it without having read 1984, but they're so smug. "You've got something planned, haven't you?" [in knowing interrogatory tone, such as one might say "you're so clever and evil, wow, but I have outwitted you, and am on TV. Hi mom!" or similar]

Yes, well I mean no shit, Sherlock. Thank you Captain Obvious. Of course "he" 's got "something planned". Or rather the board of commitee members have brainstormed and thought of a puerile twist. Like "oh boy, I've got a great one: one of our obnoxious, boring, average, 'real' people, will SECRETLY not be an obnoxious, boring, average, 'real' person, but rather an obnoxious, boring, average, 'real' ACTOR, pretending to be an obnoxious, boring, average, 'real' person! Y'know, just to mix it right up! Yeah!"

"Brilliant: and...ooohh... I've one: really diabolical.... wait for it, we label the hot tap cold and the cold tap hot!"

"Wow, riveting!"

Graaarrgh. Wait, what was I talking about? Oh, yes, rather less than that, I hate essays and so on. My desk is covered in "sources" for essays I've written already, but can't throw out because I'm positing an alternate universe in which I'll reread them for the exams.

Also, since I'm ranting I'll complain about this; I hung out washing on Sunday night, and now, on Thursday, it's still damp. V. grumpy, as am out of socks as of today.

Well, having now de-mellowed my mood, I guess I'll have to write my report now, but I shall do it in my furry boots, by the devil. Jeah.

<3 for the furry boots. Since that's a l33t heart, in fact, will go all out and say <3 for teh b00ts. Jeah. L33t r0x0rs our s0x0rs (and/or b00ts)

Ahem. Report. Adios, troops.

No comments: