Thursday, May 19, 2005

Uni email = satan, and not in a good way.

Our floor is being sanded at the moment, so I'm posting this from my room at my parent's house, as we are exiled from our own abode, tragically. This is most important to note due to the high reliability of the network connection. Yay or unbucaneered webness.

Conversely, Boo for the Bio report I have to hand in tomorrow. Boo for all such things.

As many of you will have noted, yesterday was the premier of Star Wars. It's still technically opening night now, but everybody who's anybody, and quite a few somebodies who are nobody, has seen it already. Personally, I haven't yet, but I understand that Light Sabers are intrinsically involved, and, insider tip, I hear someone called Anakin becomes, in some small way, evil. I hope I haven't ruined anything for you.

As an interesting and strange aside, my sister was on the phone this evening to her sometime boyfriend Dan, (whom I remember meeting back in the hazy and distant past once, when he was her boyfriend the first time around before he was replaced by an utterly charming young man named Nick who subsequently fell from grace by reason of living in Newcastle and having his HSC or something) aparently discussing this cinematic miracle. They both independently, as I understand, showed off about knowing (well, she met him once) someone called Tim who had had a light saber duel at a 12:30 showing of the movie yesterday. Leaving aside the tragedy this reveals of conversations among the youth of today, let us progress to the wierd bit. Same Tim. Yes indeed, my world is shrinking daily. All the disparate people I know from completely and utterly different areas of my life, all secretly know each other.

Clearly the world really is about me. I suspect a giant conspiracy of some kind.

Holy shit. Uni email is inundated with German spam, ridiculously, and therefore have missed the fact that may have outstanding payment due for uni. Am unable to find out how much, though. Panicpanicpanic. Deadline is tomorrow. So stressed, suddenly.

*deep, calming breaths* Should hopefully be ok, as long as I remember to pay it tomorrow.

Also, turns out that I'm supposed to submit an electronic copy of my bio report as well. How irritating.

I would just like to take this moment to express my deep and profound dislike and loathing of the university email system. The philosophy of "we won't tell you, you'll have to check your email 3 times a day in order to pass" is nasty and horrible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is me, distancing myself from all unimail-related stress.

Instead, I shall tell you that my preparations for gothism next week are continuing well, Have purchased sizeable quantity of black lace, as well as pale makeup.

Any time I feel ungothically upbeat, will pause to consider uni email and ride the wave of resentment.

Meanwhile, on withBio report writing!

7 comments:

Catie said...

it has been just brought to my attention that hair-dying plans clash with the eurovision song contest. what to do? this is indeed a dilemma... never have i cursed our lack of sbs reception more.
also, i'm cold. is anyone else cold?
so, anyway, enjoy being at home angi. and who wants to see star wars? my archaeology lecture left us with a "that's it for today, i'm off to see Star Wars" and then i had the theme song stuck in my head all afternoon...

Ang said...

Noooo Eurovision! The dye must go on!

Catie said...

but they had a guy wearing silver lycra flares in the preliminaries... i mean, what can beat silver lycra?

Ang said...

*tries not to imagine it*

Ang said...

BTW, if you're at home, and if by home you mean Lilyfield, could you have a look in my cupboard and tell me if you can find my collar? Have had the inspired thought that it might be near my amunition belt.

Catie said...

sorry, no, am at alicia's.

Ang said...

Darn.