Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Gothiness begins

So, have officially dyed hair black and taken to wearing excessive eyeliner for the week: is too late to wimp out now. People keep looking at me slightly oddly.

Actually, have superpowers of Gothiness. Was walking along with Cat today, and a Greenpeace guy stepped towards us, but was eyelinered into submission and went away without interrupting us. Heh.

Problem, though, is that I have a bad habit of chewing my nails, and with black nail polish on, this can only lead eventually to disaster. As soon as I forget myself, I'm going to end up with black nail polish chips on my teeth. Ugh.

Interestingly, my history tutor asked if I'd changed my hair (felt special) and yet my sister asked me if I'd dyed it yet. Seems strange to me. Also the black dye has turned my red-that-has-now-faded-to-blonde streaks purple. Suspect will end up with mauve streaks in brown hair. Dread to think how this will look, although possibly will just look devastatingly cool.

On downside, have managed to get black/purple dye on couch cover, and also some clothing. Hopefully will wash out. Also, have not yet had personal stregth to wear cloak/cape thing to uni. But everyone's dressing up tomorrow, so will do so then. Will also attempt to talk Cat into wearing the fishnet tights with her outfit, as she's wearing a skirt. Seems pointless under my jeans. Only I'll know. I can know about them (and possibly derive some sort of gothic strength and smugness from the knowledge) more comfortably by not wearing them, but rather thinking about them periodically while they are in my room, and I wear comfy socks.

Am traitor to the "embrace pain" philosophy that, am given to understand, I ought to be, well, embracing. Feel that vampire bite marks are one thing, but that blisters on the heel lack that romantic edge, y'know?

In other news, think Tim might not have been joking re. having a thing about Goths. Keeps looking at me smittenly. Possibly, however, this is merely my own inimitible charm. Is that how inimitible is supposed to be spelled? or is it -able? Meh, you know what I mean. Charm, lots of it. That's me.

Also, went to Vivian's Birthday party picnic on Sunday, which was fun. Yay for that too.

Problem with this is that really should have spent weekend doing my Psych report, which is now due in tomorrow. Am slightly worried by this. Especially as was emailled sources through unimail, which I believe I've already expressed my thoughts about. Have downloaded all the readings and rashly deleted original mails. Now having difficulty getting computer to open files. Am staunchly not panicing as am still at work. Just wait till I get home. In retrospect, really should have gotten more sleep over last few days. Feel that staring out tired is bad plan.

Nooo! That song "2 princes" by the Spin Doctors, which is an absolute classic, was just begun on the radio, but then not played. Stupid Mix 106.whatever-their-decimal-is. Always feel that is a terrible thing to use bits of good songs as jingles. For a while Merrick and Rosso were using a riff from Cake's "Never There", an absolute classic, and rather a favourite of mine at the time, and I had it stuck in my head for about 2 months.

Oh, the patient with the incredibly irritatingly controlling mother who I complained about about a month ago is in again. Sans Mama. Wonderful.

I really need to keep writing this post in order to stave off the inevitable writing of report which lurks in my immediate future. Good Grief. Why do all my posts seem to be about the fact that I shouldn't be posting, and all seem to end with intention of working? This weekend is also going to be swallowed up by Latin. *is morose*

Gaah. Will do filing, what fun. Bye, all.

2 comments:

Ang said...

Now 3am. Have half of report only, so far, and half of what I have was goven to me, so I've done a third of my total goal. Am half dead of tiredness and getting nowhere. If I thought any of you guys were awake, I'd send you messages and complain, but I fear the wrath of the recently awoken message receiver. Worst thing is that have to get up early enough tomorrow to apply excessive eyeliner. Actually, worst is having to do horrible report, followed by coldness of my room, which also looks like a bomb's hit it, as my fruitless but rushed collar search lead to the ejection of much stuff from cupboards to floor. *sigh* Soooo tiirrred. So very very tired.

Ang said...

goven = given

See how tired I am?