Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Oh my god, we're ridiculously late at work,I'll probably be here for hours yet, and the patients are getting more and more irate. We're booked until 6:30, it's 6 now, and we just saw the patient with the 1:30pm appointment. And of course, he's just been called to the hospital. And the accounting proceedure's been changed again and I can't work it, so the patients are angrier, because no-one's told me that they've overhaulled everything before they wandered off home. AND, Meg, who sometimes works at my desk, since there are 4 of us on shifts at the three-seat front desk, has TAKEN THE ARMS OFF MY CHAIR. And I don't know where they are, or how to reattatch them. I keep trying to lean on them and nearly falling off my chair. I would very dearly like to thump her.

Or throw all the patients out. And thump her. But she isn't here, which is probably a good thing. Since it's also Meg who organises the accounting and is thus responsible for my confusion as well.

Feel the barely contained aggression. The "Hello, Angela speaking, may I help you?" spoken on answering the phone is getting more and more strained and teeth-gritted.

Oh yes, on top of all that, I'll be here past 8, and the radio station's unchangeable, and I have no CDs, so I'll have to listen to Love Song Dedications. The most irritatating radio show on earth? Why yes, I agree! It sure is.

And the patients at the end of the day, who ought to know better, and who were told to call first, because we IalwaysI tell people to call first, are just rocking up and saying "shall I go in?" and similar. Frigging idiots.

Ahem. Just so you all know, I work for a Dr. Smith in Blacktown. Not any other doctor. So only if you're a patient of Dr. Smith ought you get upset.

Oh, and now the computer won't accept payments. Am torn between (1) killing everything within 3 mile radius, (2) killing self, (3)breaking down in tears, or (4)taking a deep calming breath and getting on with it in a cool and efficient.

A near thing, but 4 won out over 3 by, believe me, a very narrow margin. Nothing else better go wrong this evening or I am going to overreact to whatever it is in a truly staggering fashion. *focuses on breathing*

On the upside, [that took ages to write, I kid you not, every time I typed a letter, someone would interrupt me. It is now 45 minutes later]...on the upside, tomorrow is Wednesday, Kingdom Of Heaven day. Haven't been to the movies forever, except for HG2G a few weeks ago, obviously.

Ok, it's all calmed down now, at 8:30, and the patients that are left have become stoic. Brilliant.

Have a pleasant night, guys.

2 comments:

Catie said...

er, sorry about the O.C. ...

Ang said...

bah... spam.

Day did improve, though.