Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Token Post of greeting

Those of you who've been paying attention (yes, I do realise that this leaves only you, Cat, but I do prefer to address my imaginary audience in the plural) might remember about a month ago I said that my Dad was going to read my blog. Since he has just finally actually started to do so today (is this parental devotion? I think not...), I just thought I would to him say"Hi, stop reading this while you have patients in your room, pretend to pay attention at least" and to all the rest of you reiterate what I said all those months ago, "Do try not to mention anything that I've been lying to my parents about". Especially the ritual animal slaughter (of any kind).

Played tutorial bingo in latin today, v. amusing as whole class got involved, and we did complete a vertical line, but since (a) I'd kind of cheated, and (b) we were on the third floor, I did not, as the instruction suggested, exit through a window. Class debate arose at to whether Liam's pink shirt was a polo shirt, and who could be counted as "smug prick" in row two of the game. So ardent was this debate that the tutor actually asked me if I would mind "continuing this later" Am such a Rebel. Jeah. Haven't been told off in latin in living memory, as am charming.

Speaking of latin, it turns out that there is no nominative gerund, and that the infinitive is the nominative verbal noun (nod and smile, most of you, I'll stop shortly) with the net effect that my latin Cat Empire lyrics are wrong. Being, as I believe I may have mentioned, a Rebel Extraordinaire, however, I shan't change it, because I like the way it sounds better with "vivendum" rather than "vivere". Gold star for anyone who can come up with a justification of accusative form of "living" in the phrase "long live living".

Operation Cave Quest is progressing nicely, found a cool site which gives you directions and map for any given trip, so incredibly useful: www.travelmate.com.au under the MapMaker link.

Am so enterprising.

Also, have worn down the sensible yet meringue-like resolve of those who have been sub poenaed to go, so car is now full, will have full Fellowship for Quest.

But who is whom? Was my idea, and am driving force, so I'll be some kind of Gandalf/Aragorn/possiblyFrodo conglomeration. And everyone else is a bit of a Merry/Pippin, I suppose.
Tim can be Legolas, which would irritate him amusingly and give him only dodgy dialogue, as vengeance for drawing on me today.
Bec is Pippin, Sam is Merry, as are there for comic relief.
And Catie could be... um... no, wait, Catie can be Frodo, as she has to put up with the rest of us. Or possibly Boromir or Gimli as these are only people left. Don't want a Samwise, as would put tension into Quest.
Gimli perhaps? That way I get to be taller.
Or Sam, because she can cook vegetable stirfry? She can only be Sam if we don't have a Frodo, though. On the other hand, Frodo too tortured for such a quest, and we don't want him dragging the rest of us down. Also, not sure Catie, in character or out, could resist his Hidden Wells of Secret Pain. Or his noble broodingness.
Not sure that, as Aragorn figure, I really want to bring a Boromir, but then that way, I get to have a coolly strong-willed sidekick. Hmmm....
Well, Cat can pick who she wants to be, then.

Perhaps should think about more constructive things? But what?

Have new purple furry ugg boots! Yessss! Will wear them everywhere! But not to caves, as need sturdy shoes with grip, also layer clothes, as caves can be chilly.

Even cooller than those purple leopard print shoes we saw the other day, as are furrier.

Big Brother ads playing on radio too, now. Hatehatehate. Hate. They're just so... smug.

Interesting fact: an 18 year old guy has been charged today, because of his part in an eight and a half hour police car chase. Thats a really long time. And at speed, too, presumably. Wouldn't you have to stop for petrol? How would that work? You'd have to declare a time out while everyone refilled, and maybe bought Cokes, or something. Unless you could, y'know, decant the petrol from an also speeding petrol tanker. This might be a little fiddly, but with determination, am sure it could be managed. Now there's a thrilling way to pass a Monday evening.

What I was doing at that point was sleeping, because the essay I was writing on Sunday left me 2 and a half hours of sleep. And my alarm went of for no apparent reason at 5 am, half an hour into that sleep. That's injustice, folks.

Interesting what begins to happen when you've had that little sleep. I swear, and Cat will collaborate this, that my one of my posters, which normally looks very serious, if you look hard enough, late enough at night, smiles at you slightly. We aren't talking a toothy grin, obviously, that would be too obvious. The poster would want us to know for sure that it was alive. What would the fun be in that?

Must apologise for the dull randomness of this post, by the way. Surprisingly, no, I'm not on drugs, I'm just tired and at work, which has similar effects, I understand. Certainly as far as writing style goes.Will therefore stop. However, post a comment, even just "hi" if you're reading; this is getting a little unrewarding with no responses.

12 comments:

Sean's Beard said...

Hi

Sean's Beard said...

By the way, our poor blogless friend Bec also says "Hi". this is bec, by the way, now that you know who this is i just want to say a big hello. and that i've read your recent entry for the first time ever.... yes, absolutely riveting stuff, angie. the world would suffer in your absence. with anecdotes like these who needs to read, well, other blog entries? wait did that make sense? No it didn't, Bec. And I'm Sam.

Sean's Beard said...

Hi

Sean's Beard said...

That was Bec twice, by the way. And she is currently sitting beside me laughing hysterically.

Sean's Beard said...

Hi

Sean's Beard said...

hey angie, it's me again.sam's relinquished his hold on the computer, and i can do silly things again, like....

Sean's Beard said...

Hi

Sean's Beard said...

this is not as funny as the first time anymore.... but Hi

Sean's Beard said...

and bye

Catie said...

hey, i'm so for gandalf, i have a grey hat too, and if i get a stick from somewhere the resemblance is really, umm.. complete? although there is something to be said for being frodo...
yay for weekends! down with essays!
heh, now you can't complain about having no comments.

Catie said...

and you will never be taller!

Ang said...

It's my quest, so I get to be Gandalf. Also, on the internet, I'm definitely taller than you.

Greetings also, of a less bellicose variety, to Sam/Bec and Therese. *waves*

Love for everyone, but especially Therese. double-receipt-of-compliment love to her.